| Basic Information
||Indonesian Puppeteers Association
| Local language
||Persatuan Pedalangan Indonesia (PEPADI)
Oral Traditions and Expressions
Social Practices, Rituals and Festive Events
Education and Training
| Established year
- To keep the high value of puppetry as a means of community education that increases devotion to God and noble character;
- To increase the quality and regeneration of human resources (puppeteers, musicians, singers, and puppet craftsmen) to grow and develop as professional artists;
- To increase the quality of puppetry and remain responsive to the challenges of the times;
- To increase the quality and quantity of puppet performances;
- To increase appreciation of puppetry among communities especially young generation;
- To improve members’ welfare.
PEPADI is an independent professional organization consisting of puppeteers, musicians, singers, puppet makers, and individuals who meet certain requirements.
PEPADI is a professional organization that facilitates the activities of the art of puppetry as a means of improving the quality of life and devotion of artists.
PEPADI is an independent organization that puppet art organization that promotes puppetry itself as the property of all the groups, streams, and all levels of Indonesian society.
| Major Activities
- Organizational Consolidation: Ensuring the consolidation of insights and organizations from different levels in designing and implementing the work programs. National conferences, regional conferences, and workshops are the means to consolidate the organization.
- Puppet Performances: Organizing and encouraging a wide range of activities and styles puppet performances, including performances with dense packaging, puppets in Indonesian language, puppets in glass screen, and puppet creations of the future. Festivals and binojakrama are important activities as they boost the motivation of the artists and the public’s appreciation of puppetry.
- Puppet Training: Providing education and training for puppetry artists and providing assistance to the puppetry art studios as well as other training media.
- Members Welfare: Trying to help improve the welfare of members through various activities, such as the formation of cooperatives, promotion, and so forth.
- System Partnership: Continuing to expand PEPADI’s network and implementing a system of partnerships with governments (central and local), private and business travelers, and other lovers of the art of puppetry.
- Communication: Communicating quickly and increasing the frequency of the flow of information over the telephone, facsimile, e-mail, and SMS with regional commissariat, and publishing PEPADI News.