| Basic Information
||Vietnam Cultural Heritage Conservation Support Fund
| Local language
||Quỹ Hỗ trợ bảo tồn di sản văn hóa Việt Nam
Oral Traditions and Expressions
Social Practices, Rituals and Festive Events
Knowledge and Practices Concerning Nature and the Universe
Support conservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage
| Established year
- To mobilize and use initial capital resources contributed by founding members and other resources voluntarily donated by domestic and foreign organizations and individuals as stipulated by law in order to support and encourage activities in the protection and promotion of national cultural heritage values;
- To develop and carry out programs and projects; to support activities that contribute to the protection and promotion of national cultural heritage values;
- To provide funding in accordance to entrustment by domestic and foreign individuals and organizations to sponsor projects on the basis of suitability with the guidelines and purpose of the fund and in accordance with the law;
- To call for donors and funding contributions to the fund; to receive assets donated by domestic and foreign organizations and individuals in forms according to the guidelines and purpose of the fund and in accordance with the law;
- To support activities in the protection and promotion of national cultural heritage values: restoring and renovating cultural historical sites, researching, collecting, educating, and propagating intangible cultural heritage;
- To organize activities with a view to propagate the purposes and meaning of cultural heritage protection and promotion; to contribute to raise public awareness and responsibility for the tasks of national cultural heritage protection and promotion; to honor groups and individuals who contribute to the fund’s activities in mass media to encourage people to take part in national cultural heritage protection and promotion;
- To support and organize training classes to increase awareness, knowledge, and practical skills related to protecting national cultural heritage for the public;
- Annually, on the occasion of commemorating Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day (November 23), to coordinate related organizations to give prizes to groups and individuals having excellent achievements in cultural heritage value protection and promotion; and
- To carry out other duties as stipulated by law.
The Vietnam Cultural Heritage Conservation Support Fund is a social fund, which operates on a non-profit basis in the principle of self-creating capital from fund resources contributed by founding members, mobilizing donors, and voluntary contributions by domestic and foreign organizations and individuals.
The fund operates with the purpose of supporting, encouraging, and contributing to improve the awareness and responsibility of the public in the tasks of national cultural heritage conservation and promotion.
| Major Activities
- Initially building the fund’s brand in the cultural heritage branch.
- Cooperating with Le-Pham Merit Charity Fund to donate a statue of Tran Nhan Tong King to the Truc Lam Zen monastery.
- Cooperating with the Hanoi Culture Fund to hold the contest Discovering World Heritages in Vietnam and other countries in ASEAN.
- Carrying out the project Digitalizing Database and Advertising Sites Relating to President Ho Chi Minh by Multi-media Communications.
- Cooperating with the Ha Long Bay management board to propagate and broadcast Ha Long Bay World natural heritage and many intangible cultural heritage elements on the website quydisan.org.vn.
- Coordinating with the Department of Cultural Heritage, UNESCO office in Hanoi to conduct research at cultural and natural world heritage sites in Vietnam to contribute to fulfill the decree on management of cultural and natural heritage in Vietnam.